The International standard for ISO 55001 is aimed at enabling an organisation to achieve objectives of standard through the effective and efficient asset management. The ISO 55001 standard provides a structured and well-researched approach to Asset Management which can be applied an organisation or it is beginning to obtain value from its assets for organization.
To establish and clarify the terms and conditions of the Asset Management System is the main purpose of ISO 55001 manual. The manual for Assets defines the implemented asset management system within the context of the organization. The asset manual also includes procedures or references for all activities, including Asset management system to describe companies’ compliance with the ISO 55001 standard.
During the ISO 55001:2014 standard implementation, a number of documents like ISO 55001 Manual, procedures, Exhibits as well as ISO 55001 audit checklists etc. are required and which is prepared by ISO Consultants so as to establish a good working system. The ISO 55001 manual is used to introduce this Asset management system to customers and other external organizations. The Asset manual familiarizes them with the controls that have been implemented, and assures them that the integrity of the Asset Management System.
What Is ISO 55001:2014 Manual?
The ISO 55001:2014 Manual or we can say Asset manual is the first level of documentation for implementing ISO 55001:2014 system. Any changes in procedures should be reviewed to ensure that there are no any conflicts in asset manual. The manual is a kind of document that describes how an organization implements ISO 55001:2014 standard. An ISO 55001 manual is useful for implementation for quick ISO 55001 certification.
Importance of Asset management
- To manage the assets properly and get more out of their utilization while delivering added value to the business.
- To support in the proper handling of processes and risks, this will lead to the improvement of current and future company performance for designing Asset management.
- The implementation of AMS that observes with ISO 55001 that enables the organization to align its objectives.
- The asset management objectives which leads the organization towards achieving its intended outcomes.
- In both the public and private sectors of organizations, ISO 55001 applies to all assets, whether physical, financial, human or intangible.
- And this assets are applicable to any type of organisation or within in any business sector.
Having known the importance of ISO 55001 Manual, it is expected that many organisations will now prepare and use ISO 55001 Manual to establish an effective system.
To fulfill total documentation requires for ISO 55001 certification, experts at Global Manager Group have prepared a ready-to-use and editable ISO 55001:2014 documentation kit which includes ISO 55001 Manual, procedures, Exhibits, sample forms, job descriptions, audit checklists, etc. As today we are discussing about the manual, the advantages of ISO 55001 Manual for organizations are listed below.
Advantages of using readymade editable ISO 55001 Manual
- The user can very easily modify the templates and create the ISO 55001 manual for their organization.
- Editable ISO 55001 Manual saves time and money in implementing ISO 55001:2014 management system.
- ISO 55001 Manual helps in designing an effective asset management system for fulfilling ISO 55001:2014 standard requirements.
Now ready-to-use editable ISO 55001:2014 documentation kit are available, which includes ISO 55001 Manual also. The editable Asset Manual helps organizations save time and money in implementing ISO 55001:2014 system. It also makes the entire process of getting ISO 55001 certification easy.